Make up this Spaghetti Squash Vegetable Curry today! Shredded spaghetti squash and mixed vegetables get kicked up with a delicious coconut red curry sauce!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through one of our links, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Spaghetti Squash Vegetable Curry
I love noodle dishes. Pastas, frittatas, Lo mein, the list goes on. I struggle, however, to want to eat these too often because so many pastas out there aren’t at all healthy for you. I’m forever on the lookout for great dishes that can satisfy my pasta craving but won’t leave me feeling heavy or weighed-down. If you’re on a similar quest, check out our Zoodles with Sun-dried Tomato Walnut Pesto!
It’s fall time, so squash is full in season and is filling the grocery shelves. These vegetables are so versatile, and we love making all sorts of recipes when the weather gets cooler using these treats, from soups to salads and more (now we just need fresh cranberries to show up!).
Last week when we were meal-planning I was craving a good vegetable curry when I had the idea to try using spaghetti squash in place or rice or noodles. We grabbed a squash, some veggies, Red Curry Paste, and Coconut Milk, and I had a recipe to attempt. Let me tell you, it’s so nice when a recipe just comes together splendidly the first time, and this one was a treat from the beginning.
This Spaghetti Squash Vegetable Curry is simple to throw together, requires minimal hands-on time, and is full of delicious vegetables. Red curry and coconut milk come together for a rich, creamy base that is full of flavor with just the right amount of kick. It’s a tasty, guilt-free lunch or dinner that’s perfect to warm you up on cool nights or just as a meal with a kick.
Enough talk, though; let’s get to cooking!
Shredded spaghetti squash and vegetables get kicked up with a delicious coconut red curry sauce!
Roasted Spaghetti Squash:
- 2 1/2 Lb. Spaghetti Squash
- 2 tsp coconut oil or olive oil
For the Squash:
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds/membranes.
- Brush the cut sides of the squash with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place squash on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30-45 minutes, until fork tender.
- Shred the spaghetti squash with a fork. It should come off in strips, much like noodles. If it doesn’t shred easily, it may not be done cooking yet.
For the Curry:
- Prepare your vegetables. Peel the carrots and cut them into match sticks. Cut your bell pepper into thin strips. Cut the onion into strips.
- Heat oil in a wok/skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and onion to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion turns translucent and carrots begin to soften, around 5-7 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and curry paste to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Stir in shredded spaghetti squash and green peas. Let simmer for 5 minutes to warm everything through and to allow flavors to meld. Season with salt, and add in lime juice. Taste and adjust curry paste, salt, and lime as needed.
If you’re looking for other great recipes to warm you up as the weather gets cooler, check out our:
Ham and Bean Soup
Warming Winter White
Habanero Infused Whiskey with Mango and Lime
What other ways do you enjoy squash? Let us know down in the comment section below. While you’re here be sure to subscribe and to connect with us on Facebook and Pinterest.
Until next time, enjoy the journey!