Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Pizza
Take pizza up a notch with this Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Pizza. Loaded up with delicious healthy toppings and easily made dairy free, it’s sure to be a hit!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase a product through one of our links, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Our Sweetly Spiced Life!
Board Games and Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Pizza
Joelle and I are big time board game fans. We have a group that gets together regularly for evenings (or frequently whole days) of gaming. It started out with simpler ones and has quickly gone down the rabbit hole into some very involved and complicated games. We like strategy games quite a bit (if you need some great strategy board/card game ideas, we can absolutely help you out!) and have even delved into legacy games more as we’ve progressed, where the game is played out over several instances and the game changes and evolves as your progress.
Often these evenings/days of gaming lead to unplanned meals (pizza delivery is our friend, as is the food delivery services that are expanding into the KC metro area). One particular evening, on our way up to a friends house and were thinking about dinner thoughts. Not feeling like putting too much effort into it, we stopped at the store down the road and grabbed frozen pizzas. While perusing the frozen food section I came across this Jalapeno Bacon Chicken pizza from Screamin’ Sicilian, the “Spicy Clucker”. My interest piqued, I grabbed it to try for that evening.
Fast forward through preheat and cook time (and part of a losing effort of Pandemic Legacy, I believe) we were ready to try the pizza. It ended up being very tasty, but wow was that particular pizza spicy. If you know anything about me, I can usually handle a fair amount of spice in my food, but this was pushing it even for me. I think I was the only one who ended up eating much of it (good thing we had grabbed a different pizza as well!).
Despite its spice, the jalapeno bacon chicken pizza was good enough to get me thinking. “I can make my own version of that!” I exclaimed loudly in my head. Frozen pizzas, while convenient, aren’t always the greatest healthwise, so I was determined to use wholesome ingredients in my version. And since we try to limit our dairy consumption, I was determined to make it dairy-free in the process. Yay, an excuse to try the shredded coconut milk cheeze we had seen at the store! If you’d rather go the dairy route, just use regular shredded mozzarella instead and the pizza will still be awesome!
Let’s Make a Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Pizza!
This pizza starts with a delicious creamy vegan garlic sauce as its base. It then is loaded up with chicken, bacon, red onions, jalapenos, and non-dairy mozzarella cheeze. Bake it up and enjoy every bite. And no judgement if/when you eat the entire pizza in one sitting. Better yet, buy the two packs of crusts and make an extra pizza!
If you’re really feeling adventurous, or am a big chile head like I am, you can take this chicken pizza to the next level. Buy a super hot cheese and either mix it into the cheese for this pizza or replace it altogether. I used Scorpion Pepper Cheese one time and it was amazing!
While you can thin slice the onions with a Knife, I recommend using a Mandoline; it is incredibly easy to use and will give you uniform cuts every time. This one goes thin enough to basically be giving you onion shavings! A Pizza Peel makes getting the pizza in and out of the oven much simpler. You can use a Pizza Pan but I don’t ever think the crust gets as crispy as it does directly on the oven rack.
- (this makes a 1 1/2 Cup batch, perfect for making multiple pizzas)
- 1 1/2 Cup cashews
- 1 Cup water
- 1/3 Cup nutritional yeast
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- salt to taste
- Premade pizza crust (or make your own)
- 1/2 Cup of the Garlic Cream Sauce (from above)
- 6 oz cooked chopped chicken
- 4-5 slices cooked bacon, chopped or crumbled
- 4 oz shredded dairy free mozzarella cheese (dairy mozzarella works too)
- 1/4 C thin sliced raw red onion
- pickled jalapenos to taste (I normally use about 12-15 on a pizza)
- Blend the cashews, water, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, and salt in a blender until smooth and combined. Taste and adjust lemon juice and/or salt as needed.
- Spread sauce evenly out on pizza crust.
- If using leftover chicken, I recommend warming the chicken for 1 minute or so in the microwave to bring it up closer to room temperature. This will help the pizza toppings all cook and heat more evenly. If you are using fresh cooked chicken, skip this step.
- Add chicken chunks and bacon crumbles to pizza on top of sauce, spread evenly across the pizza.
- Sprinkle cheese over the pizza.
- Top with red onions and pickled jalapenos.
- Bake according to directions on crust package or with crust recipe, until cheese is melted and crust is cooked to desired crispiness.
- I recommend cooking the pizza directly on the oven rack. You can use a pizza sheet but it likely won't get as crispy.
Need another great pizza idea? Try out Roasted Veggie Pizza! If you’re looking for other great meal thoughts, click through to our Hawaiian Fried Rice and our Crockpot Ham and Bean Soup. Or for other sweet and spicy recipes, try our Mango Jalapeno Salsa, Habanero Whiskey Cocktail, and our Mayan Mocha Smoothie.
your favorite toppings to put on homemade pizza? Let us know down in the comment section below! While you’re here, be sure to subscribe so you never miss another great recipe or DIY, and follow us on Pinterest and Facebook to stay up-to-date on all of the latest Sweetly Spiced happenings!
Until next time,