Take pizza up a notch with this Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Pizza. Loaded up with delicious healthy toppings and easily made dairy free, it’s sure to be a hit!
Garlic Cream Sauce
- (this makes a 1 1/2 Cup batch, perfect for making multiple pizzas)
- 1 1/2 Cup cashews
- 1 Cup water
- 1/3 Cup nutritional yeast
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- salt to taste
- Premade pizza crust (or make your own)
- 1/2 Cup of the Garlic Cream Sauce (from above)
- 6 oz cooked chopped chicken
- 4–5 slices cooked bacon, chopped or crumbled
- 4 oz shredded dairy free mozzarella cheese (dairy mozzarella works too)
- 1/4 C thin sliced raw red onion
- pickled jalapenos to taste (I normally use about 12-15 on a pizza)
- Blend the cashews, water, nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, and salt in a blender until smooth and combined. Taste and adjust lemon juice and/or salt as needed.
- Spread sauce evenly out on pizza crust.
- If using leftover chicken, I recommend warming the chicken for 1 minute or so in the microwave to bring it up closer to room temperature. This will help the pizza toppings all cook and heat more evenly. If you are using fresh cooked chicken, skip this step.
- Add chicken chunks and bacon crumbles to pizza on top of sauce, spread evenly across the pizza.
- Sprinkle cheese over the pizza.
- Top with red onions and pickled jalapenos.
- Bake according to directions on crust package or with crust recipe, until cheese is melted and crust is cooked to desired crispiness.
- I recommend cooking the pizza directly on the oven rack. You can use a pizza sheet but it likely won’t get as crispy.