Roasted beets pair with goat cheese, mint, and spiced pecans for a delectable side or tasty meal!
- 4–5 large Beets
- 1C pecans
- 1/4C maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4C Chevre (goat cheese)
- 2 Tbsp mint
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash, scrub, and cut tops off of beets.
- Wrap beets in foil. Roast for 30-45 minutes until fork tender. Remove from foil and let beets cool slightly.
- While beets are roasting, combine pecans, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until glaze has coated pecans and slightly thickened, 5-10 minutes.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Spread pecans out on tray and put in oven. Roast 5-10 minutes until pecans have crisped up. Remove pecans from tray and allow to cool slightly. Chop.
- Once beets are done, Remove peels from beets. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Crumble goat cheese.
- Chop up mint.
- Place beets in serving bowl. Top with pecans, goat cheese, and mint. Serve Immediately.
- If making ahead of time, keep ingredients separate and assemble right before serving.
- Serving Size: 4