These Citrus Fig and Almond Snack Bars come together quickly and easily with only 4 ingredients and a food processor! Make this fast and simple recipe today for a healthy breakfast on the go, a perfect road trip snack, or for an afternoon energy boost at school or work.
- Food process almonds into a somewhat fine flour (Don’t process too long, or you’ll end up with almond butter!).
- Add salt & orange zest; pulse a few times.
- With the food processor running, gradually add figs ,1 at a time, until 18 have been added. You want the mixture to end up sticking together, and it should start to ball up a bit in the processor. If your mixture is too dry, continue adding a couple more figs, one at a time, until desired texture is reached.
- Press firmly and evenly into a parchment lined 8″ x 8″ pan. If you like, you can use a small rolling pin to help even out the bars, or you can smooth out the top of the bars with slightly damp fingers.
- Remove mixture from pan, and cut into bars (makes 10 large or 20 small for me).
- Store refrigerated for the longest shelf life, and keep parchment between bars to keep from sticking together.
- If you’d rather make energy bites or energy balls, just ball up the mixture instead of pressing it into a pan.
- If you don’t have orange zest, you can add ¼ to ½ tsp cinnamon instead for a different but still tasty bar!
Keywords: Healthy snack, fruity snack, food processor snack, clean eating, on the go snack, healthy dessert, weight loss snack, travel snack