This allergy-friendly classic healthy chocolate granola is loaded with seeds & gluten free grains, drenched in guilt-free chocolate ganache, and baked to perfection.
- 1 ½ C Puffed Rice Cereal
- 1 ½ C Rolled Oats, gluten free if needed
- 1 C Sunflower Seeds
- ½ C Cacao Nibs
- 2 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ C Sunflower Oil or Coconut Oil, melted
- ½ to ¾ C Maple Syrup, depending on oil used and sweetness preference*
- ¾ C Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
For the chocolate sauce/ganache
- Combine oil of choice with cacao powder in small bowl, and whisk well until no clumps of powder remain.
- Stir in maple syrup; if you’re using coconut oil and find it resolidifying, you can heat the whole mixture gently/microwave on low power until it liquifies again.
- Add vanilla extract; stir to combine.
Combine & Bake
- Fold chocolate sauce into dry ingredients, mixing well with a wooden spoon until all dry ingredients are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.
- Stir mixture, then bake for another 5-10 minutes, checking regularly after 5 minutes, depending on the size of your baking sheet and the thickness of your layer of granola.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet; then, transfer to airtight container.
- Enjoy by itself as a snack, as a healthy chocolate cereal with milk, or on top of yogurt, oats, or fresh chopped fruit!
- *we found with coconut oil, you only needed ½ C maple syrup due to the added natural sweetness of coconut oil, whereas with sunflower oil, you really needed ¾ C to get the same level of sweetness. Of course, if you want an even sweeter granola, go for ¾ C maple syrup, and use the coconut oil!