Check out this easy spring citrus mixed greens salad recipe! Packed full of delicious blueberries, blood oranges, quick glazed almonds, and a tasty homemade sweet blood orange vinaigrette, it makes the perfect light lunch or dinner on those hot summer days. It’s simple to put together for weekend get-togethers for a crowd, parties, or barbecues as well! A great meal idea with fruits and greens! Healthy, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free.
- 1/2 lb Mixed Spring Greens
- 2 Pint Blueberries
- 3–4 Blood Oranges, peeled and pith removed, sliced into thirds
- ¼ of a Small red onion, sliced thin on a mandolin
Quick Glazed Almonds
- 1 Cup almonds
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 1 Blood orange, pith removed
- ½ C raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ C Olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt (a scant ⅛ tsp)
For the Quick Glazed Almonds
- Dissolve sugar, vinegar, salt into water over medium heat.
- Add almonds, stirring regularly until mixture coats and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat
- Continue stirring as they become sticky and glazed. Cool on plate.
For the Dressing
- Blend ingredients with immersion blender.
- Yields about 1 ¼ C (300 mL)
For the Salad
- Assemble ingredients in bowl.
- Top with Quick Glazed Almonds.
- Dress with Blood Orange Vinaigrette.
- If you don’t have blood oranges, choose another sweet orange or tangerine variety!
- Serving Size: 4