Make this simple dressed greens recipe-an easy, healthy vegetarian side dish. Mixed spring greens like spinach (or add kale!) make a quick way to eat leafy green vegetables! With homemade, healthy Blood Orange Raspberry Vinaigrette (simple, sweet, creamy dressing made with fruit, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), this low carb cold veggie side is perfect for BBQs, for holidays, for sandwiches, for chicken, for steak, for a cookout, for summer dinners. Vegan, Paleo, Whole 30, Gluten Free, Make Ahead!
- 1 Blood orange, pith removed
- ½ C raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ C Olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt (a scant ⅛ tsp)
- Mixed Spring Greens ( 5 oz. or so)
- ½ Small Red Onion, sliced thin
- Blend dressing ingredients with immersion blender.
- Toss greens with desired amount of dressing.
- Top with thin sliced red onion.
- Feel free to adjust quantities of greens and onion to suit your needs, depending on how much dressing you like and how many days/servings you want out of the salad.