The Green Chile Popcorn recipe makes a perfect healthy snack idea! This savory homemade flavored popcorn is quick and easy — great for parties or for a late night movie snack!
- 1/2 Cup Popcorn Kernels
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp green chile powder
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- Pop your popcorn kernels (we use the older version of this hot air popper) and melt the coconut oil (we’ve found the microwave to be more effective than the built in thing that comes with most air poppers).
- Drizzle oil over popped corn and mix thoroughly to distribute the oil.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, and green chile powder over popcorn and shake or stir to coat.
- Make sure to use a shaker, a spoon, or another utensil to sprinkle the green chile powder onto the popcorn or use gloves to avoid getting chile oil on your hands or skin. It can be very painful!