This easy, healthy, crock-pot buffalo chicken dip recipe will knock your socks off! Lighter and butter-free, this skinny version whips up in the crockpot or slow cooker with only a few ingredients! It’s the best buffalo chicken dip!!
- 2 lb. chicken breasts*
- 1 C cayenne hot sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot)
- 1 C full fat (or 2%) plain Greek yogurt (or scant cup unsweetened plain coconut yogurt**)
- celery and/or crackers, for dipping
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine hot sauce and yogurt.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts, coating well.
- Cook on high for about 4.5 hours, until easily shredded.
- Shred chicken very very thoroughly (use the meat claws discussed in post!) and mix well with any excess liquid.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep lid off and turn to “keep warm” for about 5-10 minutes, allowing extra moisture to absorb into chicken or dissipate.
- Serve with crackers and celery sticks!
- *For keto, trade chicken breasts for chicken thighs and be sure to use full fat yogurt
- **Coconut yogurt works great as well, but you’ll want to lower the amount by a bit, as it tends to be more liquidy. It’ll also take a bit longer for the chicken to absorb the excess liquid once shredded.