No-Bake Cherry Chocolate Brownie Bites-an easy, healthy dessert recipe or snack on the go! Perfect for the holidays, a party, or just an afternoon energy bite. These chocolate cherry energy balls are Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free. Also makes for a quick breakfast idea!
- 1 C walnuts (toasted or raw)
- 14–16 medjool dates, pitted (softer is better!)
- 1 C dried cherries, chopped/cut in half
- 1/2 C cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- *extra cinnamon and cacao for dusting
- Toast walnuts, if desired, in oven at 350 degrees for 11-13 minutes, until fragrant.
- Pulse walnuts in food processor until they become a fine flour.
- Add cacao, cinnamon, and salt; pulse to combine.
- With the processor running, add dates one at a time. If the dough seems dry, continue processing or add another couple dates.
- However, DO NOT over process, as the walnuts will release their oils and turn into a nut butter, leaving you with greasy brownie bites!
- Remove brownie dough from food processor, and add cherries by hand (we basically kneaded them into the dough-we recommend gloves for this and for balling!).
- Ball into bite size brownie balls. Makes about 25 1″ brownie bites.
- Dust with extra cinnamon and cacao
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve!