Transform a bottle of cheap white wine into this delicious, sweet and spiced drink with this crockpot spiced wine recipe! With hints of orange, honey, and warming spices, this steamy drink will keep you warm on these cold winter nights!
- 2 bottles riesling wine
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp ground star anise
- 1 medium orange, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 C vodka
- 2 Tbsp cointreau
- Combine ground spiced in a tea bag; tie closed with kitchen twine.
- Poor both bottles wine into crockpot, and add spices and sliced oranges.
- Cover and heat on high for 2-3 hours.* (Taste for spice flavors)
- Once spiced enough for you, you can remove the oranges and tea bag of spices if you’d like, or leave spices in if you’d like more of the spice flavor.
- Some people find the oranges, if left too long, lend a bitter flavor due to the pith/rind, so consider at least removing the oranges (I juice them back into the wine after removal!).
- Add honey, vodka, and cointreau. Enjoy!
- *I personally like more of the spice and orange flavors and find I like it best after about 3 hours.
- Feel free to omit the vodka and cointreau if you prefer just the wine alone!