A quick and easy hummus made in the food processor or blender. Roasted poblanos add a smokey kick to this simple dip!
- 8 poblanos
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 Tbsp tahini
- 1/4C water
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4C cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- Juice from 2 1/2 small lemons
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Olive oil for serving, opt.
- Wash and dry the poblanos. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil 3-5 minutes per side.
- Place broiled poblanos in a Ziplock bag or in a covered bowl to steam for about 10 minutes.
- Remove skins, seeds, and membranes from poblanos.
- Add poblanos, chickpeas, tahini, water, garlic cloves, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt to food processor. Process until mixture is combined and reaches desired consistency, stopping occasionally to scrape down sides of container.
- Serve, garnished with olive oil and cilantro.