Quick and Easy Homemade Hawaiian Fried Rice that’s packed with veggies, cashews, raisins, and pineapple!
- 1/4 C Tamari
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Sriracha chile sauce
- 2 C dry brown rice
- 4 C water (for cooking rice)
- 3/4 C cashews
- 1 1/2Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 C diced white onion (about 1 small onion)
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 C chopped pineapple
- 1/2 C raisins
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 eggs
- Sriracha sauce or chili flakes for serving, opt.
- Add rice and water to skillet and cook until water is absorbed and rice is done. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- While rice is cooking, toast cashews in a separate skillet. Set aside.
- Mix up the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat sesame oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add chopped tomato and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Add rice, sauce, pineapple, raisins, and cashews to skillet with the veggies. Increase heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid sticking to the pan, allowing the mixture to “fry” a bit.
- Turn mixture to low while you cook the eggs.
- Scramble eggs in a separate skillet.
- Add eggs and green onions to rice mixture and heat for a few minutes.
- Serve, topped with extra Sriracha or chili flakes if desired.
- Serving Size: 4