Strawberries, cherries, apples, and chia seeds blend together for a perfect on-the-go snack!
- 1 3/4C Strawberries
- 1 1/3C Cherries, seeds and stems removed
- 1 1/2 Apples (fuji, gala, or similar), roughly chopped
- 4tsp chia seeds
- If using frozen fruit, thaw.
- Add strawberries, cherries, and apples to food processor.
- Process until fruit is combined and the mixture is slightly chunky.
- Add chia seeds. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into mold on dehydrator sheet lined with teflex.
- Dehydrate at 125F for 4 hours; then remove the mold.
- Dehydrate another 2.5 hours, then flip bars over and onto dehydrator tray without teflex and peel away the teflex from the bars.
- Continue dehydrating until done, approximately 11.5 more hours.
- If you’d rather make fruit leathers, process or blend fruit until completely smooth, add chia, then pour the mixture in thin, even sheets on teflex-lined trays. Dehydrate until done (will not take anywhere near as long as bars).
- You can likely make these into leathers using parchment lined baking sheets and baking at 200. We haven’t done this personally, so keep an eye on them for time; you may want to flip them over partway through.
- We do not recommend baking the bars, as we’ve found that in order to keep them thick but not burning/browning too much on the outside, the temp needs to be pretty low, causing them to take almost 12 hours in the oven… not an ideal scenario for sure. The flavor isn’t as intense in the oven either. We definitely recommend dehydrating these!
- These will come out a bit thinner than the Pressed by Kind bars they’re inspired by, but they are incredibly tasty! We didn’t want to make the dehydration time even longer, so we went with this thickness.