Enjoy a quick and easy healthy breakfast recipe with this sourdough avocado toast recipe. A delicious thick slice of homemade sourdough bread topped with smashed avocado and a sunny side up egg is the perfect way to start your morning. Top it with your favorite seasoning or hot sauce for a true AM treat!
- Toast bread lightly in a toaster
- While bread is toasting, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot (you can test is by carefully flicking a little water into the skillet. If you get little pops from the oil you know the oil is ready.
- Crack eggs into skillet. Add in a bit of water to the skillet and cover with a lid. Cook the eggs until the yolks form a small film over the tops of them. This will give you a perfectly cooked sunny side up egg!
- While eggs are cooking, mash the avocado with a fork and spread it onto the toast, one quarter of a large avocado per piece.
- Once eggs are done, place them on top of the avocado toasts. Sprinkle liberally with everything bagel with a kick seasoning.