Roasted Vegetable Pizza Recipe-easy homemade healthy vegetarian pizza! Fun, different gourmet pizza topped with veggies galore: mushrooms, spinach, roasted red peppers, and onions for a unique artisan pizza experience. Get fancy with this pizza DIY! Gluten Free, Thin Crust, Thick Crust-crust/dough is up to you! Perfect healthy dinner recipe for two or for the family! Great cheap meal for a fall weeknight, or try it grilled for a healthy vegetarian pizza idea!
- 1 pizza crust or flatbread
- 16oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 2C lightly packed spinach
- 1/4C water for wilting spinach
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced thin
- 3 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4C crumbled goat cheese, or more to taste
- 1/4C balsamic vinegar
- Dried basil, thyme, oregano, and thyme (optional, for crust)
Roasted Mushrooms and Onions
- Toss sliced mushrooms in 1.5 Tbsp olive oil and spread on a baking sheet.
- Toss sliced onion in 1 Tbsp olive oil and spread on a separate baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on mushrooms and onions.
- Roast at 350, stirring and checking every 5 minutes, until mushrooms are soft and browned and onions are browned (about 15 minutes).
- Add balsamic vinegar to skillet or shallow pan and heat over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thickened. Set aside.
- Add spinach to empty skillet with 1/4C of water and cook until spinach is wilted.
- While spinach and glaze are cooking, add half of the mushrooms and onions to a food processor and pulse until a thick paste is formed, scraping down sides as needed with a spatula to ensure even mixing.
- (If you want a crispier crust, brush crust with olive oil and bake at 400 for about 3 minutes. For an herb crust, sprinkle crust with dried herbs before baking.)
- Spread mushroom/onion paste onto the crust. Top with remaining mushrooms, onions, and the spinach, red peppers, and crumbled goat cheese. Drizzle with some of the balsamic glaze.
- Bake in oven at 400 for 7-10 minutes until toppings are warmed through, crust is crisp, and cheese starts to brown.
- Top pizza with more balsamic glaze just before serving, if desired.
- Serving Size: 2